Sunday, November 1, 2020

DUNE WILL ALWAYS REMAIN...


I have loved The Duneiverse for decades! The recent NEW Film announcements and related media added some nice fresh fuel to the Dune-fire I have kept smoldering inside for much of my life. 

The New Dune excitement was followed immediately by the downer of the postponement announcement which confirmed that the film will not release until this time in 2021. That has been very disappointing  to the fanbase and there has been a good bit of negativity about this delay. 

I got a little heat over this mess when I made a few FB post about how bad this is going to be for this film. The Corvette-summah is killing all non-essential businesses like movie theaters. It is likely only going to get much worse in the coming year. That means that huge filmes like DUNE are going to be incredibly hard pressed to make any profit at all in the dying movie houses. 

We can hope for a miraculous turn in the current state of pop-culture-media... but I doubt that will happen in time to make any difference for the new blockbusters that have all been postponed. 
With this whole dark-storm blowing... 
I would like my B6*R7 Friends to know that I am not going to fizzle out on DUNE. I will enjoy DUNE in my own way as I have done for decades and I will continue my New DUNE Projects!

 
Here is a little sampling of some DUNE Media I love. 


DUNE WILL ALWAYS REMAIN...


Author Frank Herbert refused to allow the band to call this song "Dune." The band originally sent a letter to Herbert's agent for permission. The response read as follows: "No. Because Frank Herbert doesn't like rock bands, particularly heavy rock bands, and especially rock bands like Iron Maiden."


Fuck You Frank... (but thanks for DUNE) LOL!




BE AWAKE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment