Monday, December 16, 2013

STAR BLAZERS GAME CARDS PREVIEW: TEST CARD ONE

I recently started working on making STAR BLAZERS into a game using The X-WING Rules. Over the last two weeks I have hunted up about 300 images, and done some serious thinking and a bit of writing too.
I started doing test graphics this weekend. What follows is an early look, to give my buddies here an idea of what my Game Materials are going to look like.


The X-Wing Cards will be entirely redone, with (Ha, Ha!) STAR BLAZERS Art! I am keeping the very nice X-WING layout however, as you can see in the first cute little work in progress sample above.


I had to include the best moments of the big battles from YAMATO 2199 in my game cards, that is why I have happily spent two weeks Goggling my butt off, and taking screen captured scenes from HD video. I think I am about half way there now, but I will need a bit more art to complete my card sets.

I am going to make this game play EXACTLY like The STAR BLAZERS series that we know and love...well as good as it can be with miniatures. The way that I can make this happen is with the game cards. The X-WING Rules are fine for any fighter game I think, but the abilities and stats make up the flavor of the setting. I am diligently reviewing series one, two, and the redone series one. As I watch these great series I am taking notes to be sure that I include the important abilities of the ships as depicted on screen. I am making the game materials look like the new YAMATO 2199 art, because in my very well informed view it is now the best version of the glorious STAR BLAZERS Universe.

YAMATO 2199 CONSOLES WILL BE USED TO MAKE THE FINAL CARDS.

More to come...

Boss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment