Wednesday, October 7, 2020

BOSS SHOP: DUNE - HOUSE ATREIDES - PROJECT OVERVIEW

HOUSE ATREIDES is the most beloved Good Faction in the entire DUNE Universe. I would venture to say they are beloved by many Sci-Fi enthusiast root for The Good Guys in all of the genre. It is important to me to make them awesome in my DUNE Miniatures Game!

Ole hippy activist Frank described almost nothing in his sleepy novels. I call it Dune-fog-vision. Cool things are happening but feel free to imagine just about anything visually. A happy consequence of Frank's vague space drama narrative is that we get to see a million versions of The DUNE Universe!

In the decades past the DUNE novels first publication DUNE has been wonderfully illustrated! These modern artist did what Frank could-would not do. I have found much to ponder and enjoy while researching! You can barely find art that is consistent in design, but some of it is similar in the basic vision of the concept. Look up any character or the beloved worms; you will find great variation, and I like it, because much of it is well done.

The Dune-fog-vision has made it easy for me to use the models and miniatures that I like and that look the way I want them to look. I am happy to report that I have found great models that matchup with what I see when reading the wonderful DUNE Novels. With GW being inspired by Classic Sci-Fi properties like DUNE and the wild selection available on Etsy this new adventure has been a lot of fun.


When you search around for 'thopters you will find over a hundred designs... no really you will. I love the more modern hard-mean look so of course I will be purchasing several GW FTOL APC's and other fun models!

As I planned my DUNE Miniatures Game I did a lot of NEW Research since I recently started reading the Brian Herbert main storyline Dune Universe Prequel Novels. I looked at what other DUNE enthusiast have done with scratch and limited release/converted miniatures and models too!


DUNE: SPACING GUILD
 
More to come... THE SPICE WILL FLOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment